Sunday, December 30, 2007

Made

This might sound like splitting hairs, but it epitomizes a really disturbing trend in football analysis, so I have to post it. Phil Simms is certainly not the only guilty party, but he is the funniest:
"Troy Smith is in his second start today, and did really well last week, but he's gotta learn to make them....make you....beat them deep."
Might not be an exact quote. Phil Simms made me make him make me make myself have trouble remembering who made who make what by making this.
Anyway, if you enjoy hating dickish place kickers as much as I do, or if you're looking for some sort of reason to be happy about the Pats going undefeated, you'll love this post over at KissingSuzyKolber. You might also want to check and see if that video of Bill Gramatica injuring himself celebrating a field goal is still on YouTube. That stuff's hilarious.

1 comment:

Robocats said...

Shit, I thought Garo Yepremian was a delusional, talentless, bitter egomaniac. Then I went to the original ESPN article. Yepremian on why he won't react to the perfect season yet:

"I can't say how I feel because they haven't done it yet. If I had hair, I would look like Tom Cruise. But I don't have any hair. They haven't done it, so how can I say how I feel?"